After a 4 hour ride by car on Friday, we arrived just in time for lunch. We were greeted warmly by many of our friends. After lunch, John ran up to the hospital and I went to get our internet set up. We are staying in a two room apartment and plan to move into our house next Sat. We opened one of our bags so we could have some clothes, but are not planning to unload any groceries or luggage until we get to the house.
We attended church this morning. I was feeling under the weather so I left about an hour into the service John was lucky enough to stay with AnneMarie in the service. Yup, a 2.5 hour service and a 1.5 year old don’t go so well! She loved the music though and every time we would stop singing, she would sign and say “More”!! This afternoon was had a nice rain and John and AnneMarie went for a walk.
It is so good to be back at Tenwek. As soon as we arrived, an overwhelming peace encompassed our hearts.